- 2 cups bottle gourd , chopped, small, with skin
- 1 piece ginger ,Small, (thin slice) (do not use too much)
- 2 tsp chana dal / senaga pappu
- 2 tsp Urad dal / minapa pappu
- 2 tsp Sesame seeds
- ½ to ¾ cup tomatoes or tamarind paste or lemon juice as needed
- 2 red chilies
- 3 green chilies or replace with red chilies
- ½ tsp cumin
- Salt as needed
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1 to 2 tsps Oil
- 1 Pinch hing
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp mustard
- 1 red chili ,broken
- ½ tsp urad dal
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- Tamarind paste as needed
- soak little tamarind in hot water if you wish to use it. when it is soaked it turns soft. Squeeze and filter it to the pan while seasoning later.Wash bottle gourd under running water,peel the skin . Chop them to small pieces and measure.
- Powder finely the dals, red chilies and cumin.Add the green chilies, ginger, bottle gourd and tomato.Blend everything well. If needed adjust the salt.
- Serve with rice.