Thursday, January 27, 2011
Medium sized Beetroot 1
Green Chillies 3
1. Heat Oil in a pan. Do the seasoning. Add chopped onions. Once they are soft, add beetroot pieces. When they are fully cooked, add salt and pappula podi. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
* 1 cup toor dhal
* 1/4 kg radish (mullangi)
* small lemon size tamarind
* 1 onion (sliced)
* 1 tomato (chopped)
* 1 tsp chilli powder
* 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
* a pinch of Hing
* salt to taste
* few coriander leaves for garnishing
* 1 tsp mustard seeds
* 1 tsp cumin seeds
* 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
* 3 tbsp oil
1. Wash the dhal and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
2. Soak the tamarind in water for 10 mins and squeeze the juice and keep aside.
3. Peel and cut the radish and carrot into round shape and keep aside.
4. Boil all the vegetables with salt,turmeric and redchilli powder.
5. Now close with a lid and cook on low flame till the mullangi pieces become tender.
6. Now add tamarind juice and allow to boil.Then add cooked and mashed toor dhal and mix well.
7. Heat Oil in a pan. Do the seasoning. Add chopped onions. Once they are soft, add hing and coriander leaves and curry leaves
8. Finally garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Serve mullangi sambar with plain white rice and potato roast.