Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Gavvalu



Ingredients:

Maida 1/2 Kg
Ghee 4 tbsp
sugar/jaggery as required
Oil for frying

Preparation:

1. Add the ghee to the maida. mix well with warm water to make dough.

2. Now take small pieces of the dough and put spread it on gavvala peeta or a new comb and turn it. Once, they all are done fry them in oil until golden brown.





3. Put the water and jaggery/sugar and make syrup add cardamom powder to it.

4. Let the syrup become thick(boil for 20 minutes),once it is thick add the gavvalu to it , remove from stove and cool.



1 comment:

  1. I used to enjoy this Sweet Bellam Gavvalu in my childhood as snacks. I used to fill my school shirt pockets with it and used to enjoy my intervals with it. thank you for bringing those memories again. this making process looks simple and easy. will try this weekend. thank you once again.

    ReplyDelete