Urad dal/Black gram dal/ minapappu 1/2cup
Wash and soak rice and dal for 3-4 hrs. Grind as a dosa batter. It should be pouring consistency. cover and keep aside over night or 6-7hrs.
note: Left over dosa batter is great for this ponganalu. it should be little sour.
Onion finely chopped 1
Green chilli finely chopped 3
Curry leaves finely chopped 10
Ginger finely chopped 1/2inch piece
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder 1/2-1tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2tsp
Soaked channa dal 2tbsp(soak for 2hrs)
1. Take a Bowl and mix all the ingredient except oil, mix well, now your batter is ready.
2. To prepare this ponganalu you need ponganalu pan.
4. when the skillet is hot then take a spoon or small laddle full of batter and fill the impressions with ponganalu batter keep the stove on medium flame.
5. Cover and cook for 2 minutes
remove lid sprinkle little oil on top of ponganalu and cook on medium flame for some time or brown spots appear at the edges.
6. Gently lift ponganalu with spoon/ponganalu lifter/ fork, they cooked completely then should come out easily with out sticking to the pan. Otherwise cook some more time.
8. Serve hot with peanut chutney or with curry leaves powder/ coriander spice powder