- 2 cups or ½ litre full cream milk
- 2 tbsp custard powder
- 3 tbsp cold milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder / elachi powder
- 10 or ¼ cup green grapes, chopped
- 1 small sized or ¼ cup banana,
- ½ medium sized or ¼ cup apple, chopped
how to prepare custard milk:
- firstly, in a thick bottomed pan add milk.stir occasionally and get the milk to boil.
- meanwhile, in a bowl take 2 tbsp of custard powder. i have used mangi flavour custard powder.add 3-4 tbsp of milk and mix well.stir continuously, making sure there are no lumps formed in it.
- once the milk has boiled, turn off the flame and pour the prepared custard mixture into it.
- also add sugar. adjust the amount of sugar if looking for more sweeter fruit custard.
- mix continuously, keeping the flame on low.the milk changes colour to dark yellow.furthermore, it thickens slightly. adjust the consistency by cooking for long time.
- transfer to a small bowl and cool completely.
how to prepare fruit custard:
- once the prepared custard milk has cooled completely, add chopped fruits of your choice.also add cardamom powder and mix gently.
- cover and chill for 2 hours or more.once the custard fruit salad has chilled, it turns more thick and creamy.finally, serve fruit custard chilled.